The Doll

The Doll
Taurus, Pin Up model, lover not a fighter, straight up classy with a bit of sassy, my bite is bigger than my bark...
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Photographers: Pin-Up sessions require knowledge of said genre

I've seen it time and time again, photographers booking clients for "Pin Up mini sessions" and yet they fail to bring on the Pin-Up. What we get is trashy.

I won't post examples because that is just rude and I don't want to get into trouble for slandering anyone's business.

As a Pin-Up model, I make sure that my photographer knows what he or she is looking for and that they understand what a modern Pin-Up is all about.

Here are the dont's of Pin-Up:

  • stiletto shoes or "hooker heels"...not in the least bit sassy or classy...just trashy
  • doing highly inappropriate and disgusting sexual acts. That is more fetish and a whole different genre.
  • smudged up "morning after" makeup. Come on now, why make them look like ladies of the night?
  • NOT knowing the genre at all. As a photographer, if you start a session, you should at least know what you are doing. Don't do it just to make money. You will look like a joke.
Here are the do's of Pin-Up:

make it cheesy but sassy

make it look sexy without being sleazy

Make it fun! (photo of me)

Make it look like it belongs in the genre (photo of me)

Make it look like a Pin-Up
Learn the clothes, hairstyles, and terminology of a modern Pin-Up. Tattoos, two-tone hair colors, red lips, bangs, curls, victory rolls, mary jane pumps, stockings, cheesy smiles, and side shots are just some things to take into consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinions matter, but please, if you have nothing nice to say...ZIP IT!

Blog Archive

Labels

Followers